How do I know I won’t get ripped off?
- First, check for a physical address and legitimate business name. The phone books and online searches are full of phony operators. Locksmiths with toll free numbers are suspect. Often the biggest ads quoting the cheapest prices are frauds.
- Second, make sure the operator answers with the NAME of the business. Not something generic like “locksmith service”.
- Third, ask that the price quoted includes the service call AND the actual service.
- Fourth, ask for the name, what they are driving and the direct phone number of the locksmith responding to your call. Some legitimate locksmiths may use a dispatch service, but they will gladly give you this information for your safety.
- Finally, NEVER, EVER give them your credit card number before they have completed the service to your satisfaction.
Master locksmith with over 30 years experience.